Friday, August 21, 2009

Jobs

So here's the thing, my husband has been going after this job with a dealership that is brand new for months. He has been in on and off contact with the GM and was always wondering what was going on with the company. After feeling pretty much like all hope was gone with them, he realized he missed a call on his cell Monday. It was the GM, calling to talk to him! So they played phone tag, Jeff won, and he was to meet with this guy Tues at 3:00pm. Awesome!!! Right? Well, there I was sitting at home, and was thinking to myself, what in the world could be taking so long? It was 5:00pm and I hadn't heard anything from him. 6:00pm rolls around and by now I'm a little hesitant, should I call him? Should I continue to wait? What if something happened to him on the way home? You know, the normal wife worries. Well at 6:15pm he calls. I was so relieved he wasn't dead. He was like, "Babe, I'm SO sorry, I was here playing on the system trying to get used to it and lost track of time. Please forgive me, I'm on my way home." Wait, hold the phone. Did he say, "get used to the system?" He then proceeded to tell me that this GM hired him on the spot wanted him to start right away and if he wanted to check out the system to have at it! What!!?? It was so comical that when he got home, he was like a deer in headlights. He was so shocked he didn't know what to think. Plus he didn't know what I was going to think. So the next day he quit his previous job and started at the new one. Life is funny sometimes. When you least expect it, God throws you a curve ball and if your not paying attention, you'll strike out, but in this case Jeff's eyes were on the ball and he hit a home run! I'm so proud of him and all of his accomplishments. This is a big step of faith, since it's a new dealership. But I am proud of his faith and trust in the Lord to make a step knowing that God will not let him fail. Please be in prayer for him as he begins this new adventure. And pray for me that I would not be selfish for his time with me, as he will have to put in more hours in the beginning to get this business off and running. I'm putting my running shoes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment