Wednesday, February 3, 2010

One Heck of a Week!

So as I've promised I would see you next month, here we are on the third day of the next month! Happy February everyone! Mine has started out, how can I say this, a bit challenging. As you'll recall in a previous blog I talked about Jeff starting a job with a new dealership that was just a blessing. That was back in Aug. of last year. He has since been there and it has been one trial after another with this company. Not at all what we had expected. How awesome is that!? Just a couple of weeks ago, his boss quit due to the GM and the owner telling him either he could fire one of the parts guys (either my Jeff or the other one) or they would cut his pay 40%! Hmmm....decision time. He choose to quit. Well...alrighty then! So we were totally praising God for allowing Jeff to continue having a job. Whew. Scary right? Well Monday rolls around and Jeff calls me in the morning to inform me that the GM brought him and the other Jeff into his office and proceeded to cut both of their pays buy a couple thousand a month! And that they are not going to be hourly but salary from now on. SO...he will be working M-F and every other Sat. 9 to 10 hours a day! Getting paid half as much and on salary!!! Can you say, WHAT!!!???? Ya, that's what I said! So after I put out the fire in my mouth, I calmly told him that we would figure it out and just pray that we would trust that God has a plan in all this mess. Okay, let me just say this, money does NOT fall from trees! I've checked! And I live in Washington! Do you know how many trees we have up here!? OYE! So as bad as this is, we are going to just trust that God will provide. And I'm really hoping that he provides with a healthy and strong, full grown money tree! :D

Okay, so as if that news wasn't tough to deal with, the next day I'm busy about my house doing absolutely nothing, and the phone rings. So let me just back up a minute here. While going through this foster to adopt program, I was told that I had to have a land line so that the foster children had access to a phone in case of an emergency. No comment. So it's been a while since we started this process and being that I am getting older and do become forgetful...I decided to get rid of our cable and land line to save us some money a month. I did this in December. So...about three days after I call our company to do so, I'm in the shower; sorry that's a horrible vision. So...about three days after I call our company to do so, I'm getting ready to go somewhere; ya that's better, and it strikes me that crap, I have to have land line for the foster care! Dang it!! Seriously! Now not only do I have to get all my phone stuff back out of the closet I have to call the company back and look like an old geezer and have them turn my phone back on, get a new phone number, one in which I will not remember, and find a time to be here so they can re due the modem. Oh my Lord, are you kidding me! Okay, so fine, it wasn't that bad. Done. It didn't take to long and it's been back on for a couple weeks, although it rings ALL THE TIME! Who ever had this number before us had a lot of debt, cause all their debtors are calling me!! Like I'm going to pay there bills! I can't even pay my own for crying out loud! So, Monday we get told that just when you thought you couldn't pay your bills, now you can't afford to have a roof over your head let alone that stupid phone! Okay, enough about the phone. So Tuesday, the day after we find out about Jeff's job, I'm mulling about and the phone rings. It's YFC (organization for foster care). We've been waiting to get a call back as to what the state was going to decided as far as Jeff's record was concerned. So the lady proceeds to tell me that the state is NOT going to accept this because there apparently is still one charge that they did not remove and shows as a permanent crime. Well...how nice!!! So not only are we poor, but we can't even have kids!!! I'm just wondering, is this a big fat ugly dream? So I hang up with her just to have Jeff walk in from work fifteen minutes later and have to tell him. Bless his heart, he was so upset at himself for 17 years ago and the choices he made. I absolutely do not blame him for any of this. I had told him before that no matter what the decision was going to be that it would be that of the Lords. Now, when the decision comes back and just so happens to be not what you want, it is so hard to stay calm and remember what you had said previously. So after some time of talking through it and breaking down, I am feeling a bit better. I'm so sad at this ending, and ask that you keep me lifted in prayer as having children has been such a desire for me since I was very young. We're going on seven and a half years of trying naturally and it's not happening, and then going for the foster/adopt, and for that to fall through has made me a bit sensitive and a bit angry and very very sad. It's so easy for people to say, "In God's timing," "It'll happen," or "Oh don't worry, when the time is right, you'll know." And not that those things are not true, when you have not been in my shoes for this long you cannot imagine how that feels. So I just ask that you would hold us high in God and pray for us to keep focused on His plans for us.

So on a lighter note, pray for the representative who has to take my call to once again cancel my land line for the second time. I find that so funny! On, off, on, off! Poor people. I'm so glad they can't see my face, so that if I were to ever go to the store and see them I'm sure that I would find a knife in my back.

Well I pray your February has been much better than mine and Jeff's and I will continue to keep you updated on our very exciting life! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment